Plantation shutters are a beautiful addition to your home that has also been growing in popularity over the past decade. They are elegant, beautiful, and blend into a wide range of interior design idioms that can give you a formal or casual design style for your home. Most plantation shutters are ideal for privacy (and security) and to control natural light.
Every few weeks to a month, it’s important to clean or dust your plantation shutters. The wide-painted louver surfaces of shutters make cleaning very easy. Even a light dusting once in a while can prevent any buildup of grime that requires wet cleaning, but even that can be accomplished very quickly.
Shutters seem to be the easiest of all window dressings to clean. If you’d like to know how to keep your shutters brand new for long-term, then, read the top shutter cleaning ways that we have listed below:
Top Ways to Clean Plantation Shutter
1) Regular dusting: Regularly dust each shutter slat with a dusting cloth, micro-fiber cloths, extendable feather duster, etc. At the time of dusting, open each slat dust on that side and then do the same on the opposite side.
2) Use a vacuum cleaner or brush: Remove all the dust and dirt from the bottom track of your shutter by using a vacuum cleaner or an attached brush weekly or at least monthly.
3) Wash with liquid: On both sides, rinse the shutter with running water. Rinse each side of the shutter and then use premium quality, salt-free diluted car-wash liquid mixed. Later clean the shutters using a soft cotton cloth.
4) White vinegar: White vinegar works really well to wipe any stain off the plantation shutter.
5) Clean Socks: Another easy way is to wipe down the dust with a clean sock. This is an effective cleaning hack that helps clean your shutter blinds really fast.
6) Toothbrush: For small details, you can even use a toothbrush to remove dust from hard-to-reach spaces.
7) Warm water: After a gentle wipe on both sides with a dry cloth, dampen a cloth with warm water and wipe gently all over the surface.
Never spray water directly to the shutters and be careful with the cleaning solution that you are using because some can potentially damage the shutters.
8) Paint over Stubborn Stains: If you find stains on your window shutters that don’t seem to come off even when you scrub them with chemical cleaners, then consider painting over these stubborn stains to make them look nice and clean.
Once you have your beautiful new plantation shutters fitted at your house, you’ll want to make sure that they stay in tip-top condition for a long-time. Caring for shutters may help extend the lifespan of these treatments. The more often you clean your plantation shutters, the less chance dirt and grime will build up. This will let you enjoy your shutters for many years to come.
Are you looking for plantation shutters in Sydney, Australia? OZ Plantation Shutters provides premium plantation shutters with excellent quality, attractive prices, and good service. We are a well-organized, experienced, and professional manufacturer of Timber and PVC plantation shutters, providing both wholesale and retail supplies.